Thunderbird and Yahoo
- Revision id: 136358
- Creator: Underpass
- Comment: instructions to configure Lightning provided by Yahoo
- Reviewed: Yes
- Reviewed by: Chris_Ilias
- Is approved? Yes
- Is current revision? No
- Ready for localization: No
Table of Contents
Yahoo! Service Offerings
Yahoo!'s services vary by availability and rate based on the country where you are located. In order to use Thunderbird with your Yahoo! account, you can configure Thunderbird either with the POP protocol or with the IMAP protocol.
Yahoo! POP Settings
Refer to Yahoo!'s help page for POP access settings and instructions for Yahoo Mail.
Yahoo! IMAP Settings
Refer to Yahoo!'s help page for IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail.
Importing Yahoo!'s Contact List
To export your contact list from Yahoo! and import it into Thunderbird:
- On your Yahoo! Mail page, click on Options (in the upper right corner).
- Select Mail Options
- On the left side of the screen, select Contacts . You should now be in Address Book Options.
- Select Import/Export.
- Select Export Now (under Netscape/Thunderbird).
- Type the security code as shown and select export now. Save the yahoo_ab.ldif file to your desktop or some other place where you can find it later.
- Open Thunderbird.
- Under , select and then .
- Select Text File LDIF................, then click .
- Select the yahoo_ab.ldif file that you previously saved.
Sync your calendar
If you have installed the Lightning add-on in Thunderbird, you can sync Lightning with your Yahoo! Calendar. It means that you will be allowed to read and write your Yahoo! Calendar directly in Lightning (and conversely).
To configure Lightning with your Yahoo! Calendar Follow the instructions at the page Sync Yahoo Calendar with Mozilla Lightning on the Yahoo! support site.