Tab Groups feature discontinued
The Tab Groups (Panorama) feature has been removed from Firefox. We know this may be inconvenient and we apologize. Removing the Tab Groups feature makes it easier for us to improve Firefox. Thankfully, the Mozilla community has come through with some great replacements for Tab Groups. This article covers your options.
Where are my Tab Groups?
All your Tab Groups have been bookmarked and stored in the Bookmarks folder. You can access them by clicking the Bookmarks button in the toolbar.
Firefox has also made a one-time backup of your Tab Groups data that is stored in your profile folder. Add-ons may be able to use this data to recreate your Tab Groups.
Tab Groups replacement add-ons
The Tab Groups add-on
If you want a direct replacement for the Tab Groups feature, try the Tab Groups add-on. It was created directly from the Firefox code and works just like the current feature. It will be as if the feature was not removed from Firefox. This add-on aims to fully replace Tab Groups in Firefox, providing a similar and hopefully even enhanced experience.
- You can install Tab Groups from the add-ons website.
Once installed, you can import your old Tab Groups from the backup file that was saved when you updated to Firefox 45:
- Open the Tab Groups view using the toolbar button or the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Shift + E.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right area of the Tab Groups view to open the options page.
- Choose Backup / Restore from the sidebar of the options page.
- Click the
- Finally, click and your old Tab Groups will be imported.
You can now continue using Tab Groups as if the feature hadn't been removed from Firefox.
- Simplified Tab Groups: A Firefox add-on that provides tab grouping features similar to the Tab Groups feature but with a different interface.
- OneTab: Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once.
- Tree Style Tab: This provides a tree-style tab sidebar, like the folder tree in Windows Explorer. New tabs opened from links are automatically attached to the current tab.
- Browse more options on the add-ons website.
Use Bookmarks to manage tabs
Got too many open tabs? You can use two easy bookmark commands to keep everything organized.
- Bookmark All Tabs
- If you have a window of tabs you'd like to save for later:
- Right-clickHold down the Ctrl key while you click any tab and choose .
- In the window that opens, name your folder of bookmarks and choose where to save it (the Bookmarks Menu or Bookmarks Toolbar are good choices).
- Open All in Tabs
- When you want to open a group of tabs that you've bookmarked:
- Locate the folder of bookmarks that you saved.
- Click on the folder to display the list of bookmarks. Choose the option at the bottom of the list.