Firefox for Android has a QR code reader in the URL bar to allow a user to load a webpage using its QR code. This article will show you how to use a QR code reader, including how to scan the QR code from the URL bar.
- Before you begin, install the official ZXing Barcode Scanner app that works with the ZX library. This is the only app that has been tested with this feature.
How to use the QR code reader
- Tap the URL bar.
- Tap the QR code icon.
- The ZXing Barcode Scanner app will automatically open.
- After scanning, you will see the web address in URL bar.
- Tap to load the web page in Firefox for Android.
If words instead of a web address show up after scanning, you may perform a search using those words by choosing a search engine (or simply tapto use the default).
How to enable or disable the QR code reader
Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or in the upper right of the browser) and then select (you may need to tap first) , then select .
- Here you can enable or disable the QR code reader:
- To enable, tap until the slider is in the ON position which is usually on the right (in some versions of Android you will see a checkmark; make sure it is checked).
- To disable, tap ZXing Barcode Scanner app from your device. until the slider is in the OFF position which is usually on the left (in some versions of Android you will see a checkmark; make sure it is unchecked), or you may uninstall the