Scan QR codes in Firefox for Android
Firefox for Android has a QR code reader in the URL bar to allow a user to load a webpage using its QR code. This article will show you how to use a QR code reader, including how to scan the QR code from the URL bar.
- Mozilla has only tested the official ZXing Barcode Scanner app that works with the ZX library.
- Before you begin, install this QR code scanner. Otherwise you will not see the QR Code reader icon in the URL bar.
To see this feature, tap on the URL bar.
How to use the QR code reader
Tap the QR code icon.
It will automatically open the ZXing Barcode Scanner app for scanning QR codes.
After scanning, you will see the web address in URL bar. Now tapto load the web page in Firefox for Android.
If words instead of a web address show up after scanning, you may perform a search using those words by choosing a search engine (or simply tapto use the default).
How to enable or disable the QR code reader
Tap the menu button (either below the screen on some devices or at the top-right corner of the browser) and then select (you may need to tap first) , then select .
- Here you can enable or disable the QR code reader:
- To enable, tap until the slider is in the ON position which is usually on the right (in some versions of Android you will see a checkmark; make sure it is checked).
- To disable, tap ZXing Barcode Scanner app from your device. until the slider is in the OFF position which is usually on the left (in some versions of Android you will see a checkmark; make sure it is unchecked), or you may uninstall the