Firefox Preview lets you open pages directly in private browsing, so you can search and browse without the browser saving any history.
This feature also allows you to:
- Launch private browsing directly from your home screen without opening Firefox Preview regular browsing first.
- Close all private tabs in a single gesture.
- Open links in private browsing by default.
Table of Contents
Start a Private browsing session
To start a Private browsing session:
- On your Firefox Preview home screen, tap the mask button at the top of the screen to switch to Private Browsing.
- On the Private Browsing home screen, enter your search or website address in the field.
- To go back to the Private browsing home screen from the page you're visiting in private browsing, tap the numeric tab icon next to the address bar at the bottom of the screen.
- To switch to regular browsing while in private mode, tap the mask button at the top of the screen.
- You can close all private tabs while in private mode as explained below.
Add a private browsing shortcut
Adding a private browsing shortcut to your home screen lets you launch Firefox Preview in private browsing by default.
The first time you switch to private browsing, an option to add a shortcut to open private tabs from your Home screen shows up.
Just tapand follow the prompt from your device.
You can also do it later manually:
Tap the menu button.
- Tap . .
- Tap .
- Follow the prompt to add the icon to your home screen.
Open links in private tabs by default
You can set Firefox Preview to always open links from other apps in private browsing:
- Tap the link you want to open.
- Tap in the prompt.
- Tap Always.
Close all private tabs
- On your Firefox Preview home screen while in private mode, tap the trash icon to close all private tabs. (If you want to close a specific tab from the list of your open private tabs, tap the X next to the tab you want to close.)
- You can also close all private tabs from the notifications screen on your device.