Discourse - Managing account data
Table of Contents
What data do you receive from my account?
- Anyone can create a Discourse account. You have four options:
- Provide an email address and user name
- Log in with a Google account
- Log in with a GitHub account
- Log in with a Firefox account
If you log in using a Google, Github or Firefox account, we will authenticate your account using OAuth.
Required Account Data
Optional Account Data
- Full name
- Link to Mozillians profile
- Profile picture
- About me (blank text box)
Your account is publicly associated with your posts and likes.
How do I access my account data?
This is easily accessible by logging in to your account at https://discourse.mozilla.org.
How do I update my account data?
You can update your account at https://discourse.mozilla.org.
From the login page follow these steps:
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner. This opens your profile.
- Choose the gear icon from the dropdown menu.
How do I delete my account data?
You can delete a Discourse account in two ways:
- Log in to your account and go to the Preferences page. Click the “Delete My Account” button.
- File a bug under Product: Infrastructure & Operations with Component: Community IT: Discourse.
This will delete all required and optional account data. Note:
- All Discourse contributions are retained, so they can continue to be used for by the broader community.
- Your publicly displayed email address/display name will be changed to “Removed Account”
How long do you keep my account data?
- We keep account data for as long as your account is open, unless you choose to delete the account.