This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
Your version of Firefox may be using the multiprocess feature already. Follow these instructions to make sure:
- Type about:support in your address bar.
- In Multiprocess Windows, if the number is higher than zero (0), you already have the multiprocess feature activated.
If the number is zero (0), follow these instructions to turn it on:
- Type about:config in the address bar and press EnterReturn.
A warning page may appear. Click to go to the about:config page.
- Search for browser.tabs.remote.autostart and double-click on the preference to set its value to true.
- Restart Firefox to enable multiprocess.