Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Facebook "create post" box won't fully load

Leigh Ann

I have no idea where to ask this question. It's a problem with Firefox on my desktop. I have no problem on mobile or with other browsers. If I'm in a private group that I am not a moderator in, the Create Post pop-up window doesn't fully load. I get the frame of the window and then it's just gray and kind of flashing like it's trying to load. I turned off all my extensions and that didn't do anything so that's not the problem. My FF is updated and everything else works fine. And it's not a FB issue as it works fine in Chrome. Anyone have any ideas?

I have no idea where to ask this question. It's a problem with Firefox on my desktop. I have no problem on mobile or with other browsers. If I'm in a private group that I am not a moderator in, the Create Post pop-up window doesn't fully load. I get the frame of the window and then it's just gray and kind of flashing like it's trying to load. I turned off all my extensions and that didn't do anything so that's not the problem. My FF is updated and everything else works fine. And it's not a FB issue as it works fine in Chrome. Anyone have any ideas?

All Replies (4)

I can't edit. It's any private groups, public groups are fine. It's just weird but seem to be a FF problem And it's not the extensions. And no point asking Facebook, there's no way to get any answers from them.

Gekose oplossing

Well we don't know how their widgets work, so it's usually for them to fix anything broken, especially around authentication/access… but there's a few things you can try. Ideally if you have more devices, trying from a different one to confirm it's not just limited to one instance.

I'd try logging in using a new Private Window first, to rule out any stale session content of theirs.

Then start removing site data:

  1. Try clearing Firefox cache.
  2. If it does not help, try clearing cookies and data for the website you experience troubles with (warning: you will be logged out on this website).
  3. If it also does not help, try running Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode. If the problem doesn't persist, please follow the steps from this article to troubleshoot further.
  4. Please check if you have Enhanced Tracking Protection (ETP) enabled. You can do that by clicking the shield Fx89ShieldIcon icon in the left part of the address bar. If ETP is enabled, try disabling it.
  5. If nothing from the above helps, try creating a new Firefox profile and check if the issue persists there. If it doesn't, you can start copying files from your old profile to the new one to identify which one causes the issue. See this article on what files to copy.

Thank you so much. I will try all that. It was actually working for a minute a little while ago but back to not working. It's weird because it works fine on Firefox on my laptop and phone and it works in Chrome on my desktop. It's the combination of firefox/desktop, which is why I thought it might be the extensions, but turning them off didn't work. I'm assuming you're on FB and know how it works. When you click "create post" a box pops up and that does but then the gray bars just flash and it never fully loads. I actually hate that feature, you used to just click where it says "write something" then someone decided that needed to be a separate pop-up window. But thank you so much.

Clearing the cache worked. I really thought I'd already done that buy maybe not. Or maybe I did and it didn't lost long. There's no telling. But thank you very much, I am in business now!

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.