Why won't Adobe Flash Player work on Firefox?
upgraded to version 18.0.2 Firefox started getting flash player fail message tried installing flashplayer11x32_mssd_aih.exe install windows just closes and still no flash in firefox
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Pando Web Plugin
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Hi rivenmaster, when Firefox can't find Flash after restarting Windows, can you confirm:
- Flash (NPSWF32_11_7_700_224.dll) is where it is supposed to be:
32-bit Windows: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
64-bit Windows: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
- Firefox is set to scan the registry for plugins:
In the about:config preference editor, plugin.scan.plid.all=true
- If you are familiar with RegEdit, can you check that the correct path to the Flash plugin is still listed here:
32-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer
64-bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins\@adobe.com/FlashPlayer
If those ingredients are in place, Firefox should find Flash.
In case the plugin registry file has become corrupted, you could rename it to force Firefox to regenerate it. Here's how:
Open your current Firefox settings (AKA Firefox profile) folder using
Help > Troubleshooting Information > "Show Folder" button
Switch back to Firefox and Exit
Pause while Firefox finishes its cleanup, then rename pluginreg.dat to something like pluginreg.old
Restart Firefox and check the plugins list. Any improvement?
orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons > Plugins category
Firefox 22 Flash Player 11x32 Windows XP SP3 with 4GB Ram
Solution to this problem:
UNCHECK "Use hardware acceleration when available" in Tools > Options > Advanced
Worked for me on this system.