Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Đã giải quyết Đã lưu trữ

Save password option is grayed out even with no master password saved.

skyhawkjock

Cannot save passwords. In the security tab the "save passwords" option is grayed out, even though I have not saved a master password.

Cannot save passwords. In the security tab the "save passwords" option is grayed out, even though I have not saved a master password.
Đọc câu trả lời này trong ngữ cảnh

Giải pháp được chọn

hello, firefox won't save your passwords when you've set it up to "never remember history" in the options > privacy panel (a.k.a. permanent private browsing mode).

Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track

Tất cả các câu trả lời (5)

Make sure you are not using Private Browsing.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/private-browsing-browse-web-without-saving-info Private Browsing - Browse the web without saving information about the sites you visit When using a shared computer, Private Browsing is great for viewing websites without saving stuff like cookies, temp files and a history of the pages you visit.

Some added toolbar and anti-virus add-ons are known to cause Firefox issues. Disable All of them.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I went to tools-add 0n, and disabled all, but the save password option is still grayed out . I also made sure I am not using private browsing.

I was once able to save passwords, but added a master password.  When I discovered that passwords could not be saved anymore, I removed the master password, but from then on the save password option has been gray.

JH

Giải pháp được chọn

hello, firefox won't save your passwords when you've set it up to "never remember history" in the options > privacy panel (a.k.a. permanent private browsing mode).

Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track

Start Firefox in Safe Mode {web link} Then check the password setting.

Did you disable XFINITY ?