Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Open

Unable to set up Outlook POP3 or IMAP mail account in Thunderbird

richard444

For the past 30 years I have had an e-mail account with FreeNetName in the UK, which during that time moved to Madasafish and then PlusNet.

I have always run the account on Thunderbird as POP3.

I've just moved the account to GoDaddy and set up an Outlook e-mail account with them.

I'm unable to set up Thunderbird on POP3 or IMAP to be able to access my e-mails, despite having followed numerous articles.

When trying to complete set-up, I get the error: "Configuration could not be verified. If your username and password are correct, it’s likely that the server administrator has disabled the selected configuration for your account. Try selecting another protocol."

Within the Outlook settings, the "Let devices and apps use POP" slider is greyed out.

Has anyone else had this issue?

For the past 30 years I have had an e-mail account with FreeNetName in the UK, which during that time moved to Madasafish and then PlusNet. I have always run the account on Thunderbird as POP3. I've just moved the account to GoDaddy and set up an Outlook e-mail account with them. I'm unable to set up Thunderbird on POP3 or IMAP to be able to access my e-mails, despite having followed numerous articles. When trying to complete set-up, I get the error: "Configuration could not be verified. If your username and password are correct, it’s likely that the server administrator has disabled the selected configuration for your account. Try selecting another protocol." Within the Outlook settings, the "Let devices and apps use POP" slider is greyed out. Has anyone else had this issue?

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (1)

Just a sideline comment: I know little about Exchange, but that is Godaddy' s default to my knowledge. You might need to check with them whether your account can be accessed with POP.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.