Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Cerca nel supporto

Attenzione alle mail truffa. Mozilla non chiederà mai di chiamare o mandare messaggi a un numero di telefono o di inviare dati personali. Segnalare qualsiasi attività sospetta utilizzando l'opzione “Segnala abuso”.

Ulteriori informazioni
Questa discussione è archiviata. Inserire una nuova richiesta se occorre aiuto.
Archiviato

Version 41.0.1 has no way to enable Javascript & it was removed from my computer. Please help.

Puzzled2

I have windows xp professional. Several versions ago the update of Mozilla said it was disabling Javascript for my safety. My current version is 41.0.1. I cannot even find a Javascript file anywhere on my computer. When I followed instructions and went inside the Mozilla Firefox program it said that Javascript IS enabled! I am a computer novice and have not been able to find any solution. Facebook tells me Javascript is disabled but I cannot even find the program, much less how to enable it. Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

I have windows xp professional. Several versions ago the update of Mozilla said it was disabling Javascript for my safety. My current version is 41.0.1. I cannot even find a Javascript file anywhere on my computer. When I followed instructions and went inside the Mozilla Firefox program it said that Javascript IS enabled! I am a computer novice and have not been able to find any solution. Facebook tells me Javascript is disabled but I cannot even find the program, much less how to enable it. Many thanks to anyone who can help me.

Tutte le risposte (3)

It sounds like you might be confusing Javascript with Java. Mozilla does and has disabled java (a third-party plugin) multiple times for security reasons. Javascript has not been disabled, and it is an open source web technology.

Do you need to use java? If so I can help you enable it.

Modificato da James il

Facebook might be mistaken, or you might be using an add-on that filters out some website content, including scripts.

Could you test in Firefox's Safe Mode? That's a standard diagnostic tool to deactivate extensions and some advanced features of Firefox. More info: Use Troubleshoot Mode in Firefox.

If Firefox is not running: Hold down the Shift key when starting Firefox.

If Firefox is running: You can restart Firefox in Safe Mode using either:

  • "3-bar" menu button > "?" button > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
  • Help menu > Restart with Add-ons Disabled

and OK the restart.

Both scenarios: A small dialog should appear. Click "Start in Safe Mode" (not Refresh).

Any improvement?