Showing questions for topic:

I tried to restore my backed up old data but it got cleared instead is there a wasy to recover it

firefox updated and only kept my tabs but didn't keep history or cookies, when i tried to revert the profile to the old data it cleared the old data and made a copy of th… (daɗa karatu)

firefox updated and only kept my tabs but didn't keep history or cookies, when i tried to revert the profile to the old data it cleared the old data and made a copy of the new profile with nothing saved, can i somehow get the old data back or is it lost forever

Open 1

When I restart my computer, and open up Firefox, all my tabs are deleted. Help

I switched to Firefox from Chrome as my computer is too old (OS-High Sierra) and wouldn't support Chrome any more I've had to restart several times and each time I reopen… (daɗa karatu)

I switched to Firefox from Chrome as my computer is too old (OS-High Sierra) and wouldn't support Chrome any more I've had to restart several times and each time I reopen Firefox, all my tabs are deleted. How can I prevent this and/or restore my tabs?

Open 2

still did not get bookmarks and folders copied to new dell even though it says it copied 827 of them.

COPIED FIREFOX BOOKMARKS FROM MY HP COMPUTER TO MY DELL LAPTOP BY COPING THE HTML FILE OF BOOKMARKS TO MY DELL LAPTOP DESKTOP SCREEN AND IMPORTED THEM FROM THE DELL LAPTO… (daɗa karatu)

COPIED FIREFOX BOOKMARKS FROM MY HP COMPUTER TO MY DELL LAPTOP BY COPING THE HTML FILE OF BOOKMARKS TO MY DELL LAPTOP DESKTOP SCREEN AND IMPORTED THEM FROM THE DELL LAPTOP DESKTOP AS ADVISED. STILL DID NOT GET ANYTHING COPIED TO THE NEW FIREFOX INSTALLATION EVEN THOUGH IT STATED IT HAD COPIED 827 BOOKMARKS. NOTICED THAT THE FIREFOX SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON MY HP COMPUTER STATED THAT IT WAS WINDOWS 10 INSTALLATION. ORIGINALLY THE HP WAS WINDOWS 10 BUT UPGRADED IT WITH FREE MICROSOFT WINDOWS 11 BUT DID NOT UNINSTALL FIREFOX FROM IT AND REINSTALL FIREFOX AFTER THAT. THEREFORE THE FIREFOX BOOKMARKS ARE FOR A WINDOWS 10 INSTALL ON THE HP COMPUTER AND TECHNICALLY NOT A WINDOWS 11 EVEN THOUGH THE WINDOWS OS HAD BEEN UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 11. SO, I GUESS TO PERFORM THE ACTION I STATED ABOVE TO UNINSTALL FIREFOX ON THE HP COMPUTER AND REINSTALL IT ON THE HP COMPUTER IT IN ORDER TO GET IT TO WINDOWS 11 FOR BOOKMARKS? HOPEFULLY I WON'T LOSE THOSE FIREFOX BOOKMARKS?

Solved 1 1

Firefox updated without my knowledge, and all my data, including passwords and bookmarks, disappeared.

Firefox updated without my knowledge, and all my data, including passwords and bookmarks, disappeared. My profiles still exist, but everything else is gone. I couldn't re… (daɗa karatu)

Firefox updated without my knowledge, and all my data, including passwords and bookmarks, disappeared. My profiles still exist, but everything else is gone. I couldn't recover my data manually or through about:profiles. When I first opened Firefox and saw that everything was missing, I was prompted to import from Chrome and did so, so now I'm wondering if that messed things up. I just want my passwords back!!

Open 1

can't restore backup

So i reset my pc. And i saved a backup(BU1) of Firefox. But every time I try to restore my original backup(BU1), it keeps showing incorrect password. I know it's not but.… (daɗa karatu)

So i reset my pc. And i saved a backup(BU1) of Firefox. But every time I try to restore my original backup(BU1), it keeps showing incorrect password. I know it's not but. I did find a workaround from the support page. I made a new backup(BU2). and took BU2s name and gave it to the original backup(BU1). I then replaced BU2 with BU1 in the new backup folder. But it is still asking me for a password. And from what I've read it should be using BU2s password. its not. what do I do? i can no longer access the original firefox because my windows account has been reset. What's even more annoying? I still have all of my passwords and all of my bank details. Without the back up. Because my phone and computer are synced. So I didn't even need to put a password on my PC backup. But I do need my tab groups. Any help would be much appreciated.

Open 3

what happened to my downloads after either the last update or the one before

?/ Why doesn't firefox/mozilla realize senior citizens especially ones who didn't use a computer in their line of work and taught themselves how to use a computer 20 … (daɗa karatu)

?/





Why doesn't firefox/mozilla realize senior citizens especially ones who didn't use a computer in their line of work and taught themselves how to use a computer 20 years ago and have bought four dell computers as close to the one they had before to keep from having to learn new things. Some of us have no friends, neighbors or family to help when there is a problem..I can usually figure out how to fix issues I have had with the computer Either the last update or the one before took away the #3 profile I had and left me with no downloads, missing bookmarks and extremely anxious and depressed. My computer is my lifeline because I don't have a working car. I use it to watch YouTube TV, answer questions, order my groceries online and keep me learning about everything that's going on in this world and with my health issues. After a hospitalization three months ago my mind and memory are still not back to where they used to be and with these new updates I'm unable to get my computer back to the way it used to be. Can someone please help this old lady try to fix my lifeline?

Open 1

Lost all tabs, and sessions when FF updated to 157

I restarted my computer, and when FF loaded all the tabs across the top where weirdly blank. I could see that there were tabs but no info. I restarted FF and then there w… (daɗa karatu)

I restarted my computer, and when FF loaded all the tabs across the top where weirdly blank. I could see that there were tabs but no info. I restarted FF and then there were no tabs. Then I looked to history to restore previous session, and nothing. I've gone through all the various methods I can find about restoring sessions, and there are no sessions. See attached image. Session restore can not find a previous session. When looking for backup files, and using session scrounger https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/scrounger.html I get a few tabs but nothing from my my most recent browsing. I had 28 tabs open, some in groups, and all of it is gone. I've had issues with losing tabs before but always got it back with the session scrounger, and now I can't find anything. What is going on?

Open 2

Last upgrade not stable keep loosing history not able to bookmark pages

Last upgrade not stable keep loosing history not able to bookmark pages unless I open a new one ? Thank you for any assistance James Monedero mito4@aol.com … (daɗa karatu)

Last upgrade not stable keep loosing history not able to bookmark pages unless I open a new one ? Thank you for any assistance James Monedero mito4@aol.com

Open 1 20

Update erased all my bookmarks.

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but… (daɗa karatu)

latest update "erased" my bookmarks. Ive followed all instructions, no backup file shows when doing Restore directions. Supposed to automatically save last 15 updates but no bookmarks? Where else may it be saved to try manual restore or am I going to have to reenter all I had.

Solved 2

upload back up from an old firefox login that is no longer available

My old login email is no longer accessible, I was able to save a backup from my laptop as it is still logged in with the old email. I have a new computer that I downloade… (daɗa karatu)

My old login email is no longer accessible, I was able to save a backup from my laptop as it is still logged in with the old email. I have a new computer that I downloaded fire fox onto but when I tried to log in, it sent a pass code to my old address, which I no longer have access to. I was told to delete the fire fox off my new computer and reinstall and sign up with a new ID using my new email address. I tried this but my new computer somehow still sees that I had downloaded fire fox previously and wants me to sign in with my old email. I tried setting up a new profile, but it still wants to log in with my old email.

Open 1 20

I can't get Firefox to restore bookmarks.

I've tried to import bookmarks from an export file created on another computer but Firefox says there are no bookmarks in the file -- clearly wrong since I see them and c… (daɗa karatu)

I've tried to import bookmarks from an export file created on another computer but Firefox says there are no bookmarks in the file -- clearly wrong since I see them and can click on them to go that site in Firefox.

I've also tried to restore them from Old Firefox Data but Firefox won't read those files either.

Open 1 2 31

apps not reopening and no way to find them

so firefox was recently updated and I had about 30 or so tabs under different tab groups in two windows. I just did the update, but when it restarted, it only reopened ha… (daɗa karatu)

so firefox was recently updated and I had about 30 or so tabs under different tab groups in two windows. I just did the update, but when it restarted, it only reopened half of the tab groups (one window) but each tab itself was blank and there was no link in the space so there was no way to refresh them. I went to recently closed history but there's nothing there cause the tab groups had been up for a while so they weren't recent. also the new history is really confusing and unclear to navigate. I want all my tabs in the tab groups back, especially because I don't remember what each tab was. please help

Open 5 82

After Firefox update to version 157.0 all of my bookmarks are gone.

Firefox just updated to version 157.0 and now all of my bookmarks are gone. I export my bookmarks but even when I go to Manage my Bookmarks and try to import the file I … (daɗa karatu)

Firefox just updated to version 157.0 and now all of my bookmarks are gone. I export my bookmarks but even when I go to Manage my Bookmarks and try to import the file I saved, clicking Browse button doesn't do anything. What happened to my bookmarks?

Open 2 1

all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please.

I Accidentally signed out of my account and then had to change my password, now all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please. Now when I sign in, it'… (daɗa karatu)

I Accidentally signed out of my account and then had to change my password, now all old passwords and bookmarks are gone! Help to restore please. Now when I sign in, it's with the new password and I can't access any of my old back-ups.

Open 2