apps not reopening and no way to find them
so firefox was recently updated and I had about 30 or so tabs under different tab groups in two windows. I just did the update, but when it restarted, it only reopened half of the tab groups (one window) but each tab itself was blank and there was no link in the space so there was no way to refresh them. I went to recently closed history but there's nothing there cause the tab groups had been up for a while so they weren't recent. also the new history is really confusing and unclear to navigate. I want all my tabs in the tab groups back, especially because I don't remember what each tab was. please help
All Replies (5)
If Firefox starts up after an update without your bookmarks and other settings, check whether your data is available in a different profile:
Inside Firefox, type or paste about:profiles in the address bar and press Enter/Return to load it. The About Profiles page will open. This page should list at least one profile and could list many.
The profile that Firefox is currently using will show:
This is the profile in use and it cannot be deleted.
Please do not delete anything here; don't use any Remove buttons.
Do you have another profile named default or default-longnumber listed on this page? If so, you can check whether it is the one you were using recently by clicking its Launch profile in new browser button.
If it isn't what you want, simply close that new window.
If it IS what you want, click the Set as default profile button for that profile on the about:profiles page. Firefox will use it automatically at the next startup.
For more information see Recover user data missing after Firefox update or reinstall.
Note: If your bookmarks are not available in another Firefox profile, see Recover lost or missing Bookmarks for other solutions.
so i opened the other profile and it was just a blank empty profile. I want to restore my session but its not in any place. i checked the history, and the profile files, and the account files, and there's nothing. Is there a spot with each days tabs/sessions that I could just reopen all those tabs and then just go from there?
The upgrade might have left behind a backup copy, check How to restore a browsing session from backup for the steps how to manually replace it.
So that's what i tried doing at the beginning (what ai told me to try) and it doesn't do anything it just opens up firefox regular and doesn't Re-open anything (i did turn on the restore previous on, so my most recent ones not the ones i want, open up) If there's a way to like have a service/support person (who knows what they're doing more than me) go into my files and like just reopen all the tabs from like sept 29 that would be great. I also appreciate all the help comments, if theres anything else that could work lemme know
And if you try previewing the session files with e.g. https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/scrounger.html to help inform which contains the data you're looking for?
I've left some notes re. file size and time stamps in similar threads e.g. support.mozilla.org/questions/1603562 or support.mozilla.org/questions/1600223 that has some extra images and links in there.
You can probably try looking up some commercial service that you could procure to help with data restoration, I however do not know any particular vendor offhand that would have Firefox–specific knowledge to assist with the above, so anyone's recommendation is probably as good as mine.
An gyara