After Firefox update to version 157.0 all of my bookmarks are gone.
Firefox just updated to version 157.0 and now all of my bookmarks are gone. I export my bookmarks but even when I go to Manage my Bookmarks and try to import the file I saved, clicking Browse button doesn't do anything. What happened to my bookmarks?
All Replies (2)
Hello,
Firstly, you can try restoring you bookmarks by restoring from an automatic backup. To do so, go to menu > bookmarks, then click "manage bookmarks", then click the "import and backup" button, then click restore, then choose the most recent save before the update.
Firefox may create a new profile after an update. To check, go to about:profiles, then look through the list of profiles, and check if any has your old bookmarks. If one does, set it as the default launching profile.
The bookmark system might have been locked or damaged by some system service, antivirus and the like.
If you can't save even new entries, I'd recommend rebooting the whole machine as a first step, and then checking if you see the old bookmarks after restart, and if not, whether you can save any new ones per se.
The culprit might be the same as in Fix "The bookmarks and history system will not be functional" error message