When using Firefox and going to Yahoo! Mail, my mailbox is getting hijacked by a website: http://www.yim.com/?redir=frame&uid=www510acd907341f6.33698355
This is only happening with Firefox and not Explorer. In my Yahoo Mail the webpage automaticlly redirects to another website: http://www.yim.com/?redir=frame&uid=www510acd907341f6.33698355
I can't read my mail and I can't figure out how to make the re-direct stop. I have already removed and reinstalled Firefox to no avail.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Microsoft Lync 2010 Meeting Join Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Thanks for your response but unfortunately these steps do not solve the problem - other ideas?
You ran full malware scans with all the programs? That was fast
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked