Some Websites won't open .. Only FireFox ,, run in all the others
I try run a web site but it wont load . try it in chrome and IE and it runs smoothly i tried deleting cookies and and even reinstalled every thing i even deleted all the add-ons So What to do .. i read somewhere that its something to do with dll files .. don't know anything about it ..
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Google Update
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If the problem persists you can reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
If you would like to take a listing of the add-ons, changed preferences/settings etc. to quickly replicate the previous profile, please Copy all to clipboard (on the left of the reset button), and paste it into MS Office Excel, or OpenOffice/LibreOffice Calc, or notepad. However, it would be a good idea to check for the existence of the issue immediately after the reset.
After Resetting Firefox.. it works for like 10 min and then again out of no where the site wont work ,, and it stays at Witting for or Transferring data
Is it a single site or does this happen generally, can you please provide a link??
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
this site is one of the most sites i visit ..
and the one about safe mode didn't work ..
Don't know about the site. If the site is asking for permissions, or to install something you may have to agree. Look at the top part of the page (just below the location bar), and also on the left edge of the location (address) bar for messages. Depending on how much you trust the site, you can also right-click the site page > View Page Info > Permissions and try to Allow some or all the options, and reload the page.
dont wont anything just waiting for and nothing happen
have u heard of something to do with the DLL Files ..
also this site http://www.cabinet-tronix.com/modern_plasma_lifts.html
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
i have MSE and is working fine .. this is a pic of the problem ..
and it is stays like this for ever ..
Does Firefox load any files if you open the Web Console (Web Developer > Web Console;Ctrl+Shift+K) and reload the page with Ctrl+F5 to bypass the cache?
[06:44:32.578] GET http://www.torrentday.com/browse.php [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 935ms] [06:44:33.097] GET http://static.torrentday.me/td/CSS/torrentday-pager.css [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 310ms] [06:44:33.098] GET http://static.torrentday.me/td/CSS/globeCSS.css [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 560ms] [06:44:33.098] GET http://static.torrentday.me/td/js/jqv.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 600ms] [06:44:33.098] GET http://static.torrentday.me/td/js/VPbox.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 305ms] [06:44:33.099] GET http://static.torrentday.me/td/js/VPrsLzy.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 305ms] [06:44:33.292] GET http://www.torrentday.com/js/jquery-ui-1.8.16.min.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 560ms] [06:44:33.293] GET http://www.torrentday.com/js/hashbang.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 590ms] [06:44:33.293] GET http://www.torrentday.com/js/v3.js?beta0.5 [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 575ms] [06:44:33.293] GET http://www.torrentday.com/js/cookie.js [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 480ms]
Modified by cor-el
That log confirms that Firefox is loading the page.
Do you also see the correct html source?
- Firefox > Web Developer > Page Source
- Tools > Web Developer > Page Source (Ctrl+U)
- Right-click on a web page to open the context menu and select View Page Source
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.