Windows 8/Firefox 19/Dell Laptop Any way to decouple High contrast from my color settings?
I find the following note on Firefox help pages:
"Firefox automatically detects if you are using a High Contrast theme and displays everything in your high contrast color scheme. This overrides all other other browser or web page settings, and it affects the Firefox interface itself (all menus, windows, and dialog boxes) and the content of any web page you visit."
Is there any way of decoupling this behavior? It makes some of the web pages I read unusable. The fact is, Win8 seems much worse than Win7 in allowing the user to have flexibility in their color selections. For my color blindness, I cannot seem to find a workable standard color scheme. The high contrast is no great shakes, but is the best of the lot. The coupling of FF display to high contrast seems particularly odd since FF seems to have all the tools necessary to allow a user to configure their pages that way anyway.
Any pointers people can provide would be great - even pointers on how to get to Win7 style color personalizations which I cannot find - largely because I cannot read the screen easily!
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1686
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1249
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Thông tin thêm
see this link: