How can I prevent Thunderbird from repeatedly prompting me for my login credentials? This is extremely annoying. Already triedre-adding my account.
How can I get rid of that horrible bug of Thunderbird prompting me for my login credentials. Already tried the following: re-adding my Email account, reinstalling Thunderbird from scratch. Nothing has worked.
എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (1)
What horrible bug?
I get asked to log in perhaps once a year. You do not apparently so lets look at some of the common causes and none of them have anything to do with Thunderbird.
1. Use of a VPN. Many mail providers see them as a red flag and ask that you re authenticate, especially when your desktop is apparently in Siberia and your phone in Ontario.
2. Antivirus. These ubiquitous sabotage products excel at messing with email reception, they use self signed certificates on encrypted connections that Thunderbird doers not trust. Any connectivity issue automatically invoke questioning if the Antivirus is defective.
3. Software firewall. These also appear most frequently with an antivirus product and they excel at blocking internet connectivity for applica5tions like Thunderbird when they update. Now this happens fortnightly, about how long it takes the software firewall to get the message from home the new version of the product of ok. They will become ever more onerous I think
4, Security software blocking the ports mail uses, these are different to those used by "the internet" browsers and often this non general usage of mail ports does not work well with software that assumes all anyone does is browser based.
So what sign in message specifically, with what mail provider and what security software? Perhaps with specific information I can be more specific in my answers.
Note that reinstalling Thunderbird in this instance is most likely a complete waste of time.