Some text on webpages overlaps other text and images
I have tried the suggestions of previous posts but to no avail. These have inlcuded ensuring that minimum font size is set to none, that sites can select their own font and clearing caches and cookies.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.15.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- LogMeIn, Inc. Remote Access Components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please update to Firefox 19 Update Firefox to the latest version
I followed ALL the suggestions you referenced above, including reporting the website to Firefox. The website is: http://skimaverick.com/
The website displays some text or graphics overlapping each other. I have followed ALL suggestions and troubleshooting to correct but to no avail. In IE9 the problem text or graphic for Firefox displays as a graphic with a red x with text in it.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
That is a problem with missing images on the server and Firefox shows the rather large alt text instead and that text doesn't fit.
- Right click that area -> View Image Info
I did try even that as part of following all the suggestions referenced in your first reply, but that also left the problem intact.
You can't fix this.
There should be images displayed, but apparently those images aren't present on the server and Firefox will thus show the alt text instead of the images.
<td class="wp_wunderground_partly-cloudy" align="center"> <img src="http://icons-ecast.wxug.com/i/c/k/partlycloudy.gif" alt="It is forcast to be Partly Cloudy at 11:00 PM MST on February 26, 2013" style="display:block;" height="50" width="50"> <div class="wp_wund_conditions">Partly Cloudy</div>34/10 </td>
404 - Not Found: http://icons-ecast.wxug.com/i/c/k/partlycloudy.gif
My reply just before yours was meant for Tylerdowner's response. Thank you.