Why can't I get facebook with Firefox now when I could before?
I always used Firefox as my browser. Now I can't open Facebook nor does the weather channel page load correctly. I uninstalled Mozilla Firefox and then reinstalled it but it didn't fix it. I can get FB when I use Internet Explorer.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Best Buy pc app Detector Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Is there an error message that appears on the page?
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Pressing and holding shift while left clicking reload was all it took :-)
Try enter Facebook IP in address bar (18.104.22.168) In my case it will redirect to http://nfdnserror7.wo.com.cn:8080/issueunziped/nf130726/self0.jsp?UserUrl=22.214.171.124&loc=
and eventually I can access Facebook normally. I hope this work on your case.