Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 126.96.36.199 blocked while blocklist.xml tops out at maxVersion="188.8.131.520"
Attempting to open a .pdf with Firefox 18.0, and having Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 184.108.40.206 installed, I receive the gray lego piece page with text "The plugin is vulnerable and should be updated/Check for updates/Click here to activate the Foxit Reader for Mozilla plugin"
I look into the blocklist.xml file and find the plugin item:
<pluginItem blockID="p250"> <match name="filename" exp="npFoxitReaderPlugin\.dll" /> <versionRange minVersion="0" maxVersion="220.127.116.110" severity="0" vulnerabilitystatus="2"></versionRange> </pluginItem>
Next, I view installed plugins and find: Foxit Reader Plugin for Mozilla 18.104.22.168, and it is not disabled.
My first question is why, when the installed plugin version is 22.214.171.124, and the blocklist maxVersion is 126.96.36.1990, do I receive any kind of plugin blocked page?
My second question is "is there any method or technique so specifically unblock a particular plugin, without affecting any other plugin?"
I force-reinitialized the blocklist.xml file and database.
Currently, I am running extensions.blocklist.enabled false, to sidestep this exact problem, but would definitely prefer to have this set true.
Additional System Details
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Enables the interaction of Mathematica content with the latest installed version of Mathematica.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Plugin page information: Installed plugin version is 184.108.40.206, last updated Friday, January 11, 2013.
Actual plugin installation date: January 21, 2013.
File: C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\plugins\npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll
Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
MIME Type Description Suffixes
application/pdf Acrobat Portable Document Format pdf
- bug 828982 - Plugin block request: Foxit Reader Plugin 220.127.116.110 and below due to critical vulnerability
(please do not comment in bug reports: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html)
I did see the bug report, that relates to 18.104.22.1680 AND BELOW.
The current installed plugin is 22.214.171.124, which is ABOVE 126.96.36.1990, hence the blocklist should not apply, since its setting "maxVersion", apparently the maximum version to which the block list should apply, is 188.8.131.520.
Thank your for looking into this, though.
Possibly I do not understand the maxVersion property in the .xml?