how do i submit a question? i keep getting directed to endless text that has notrhing to do with the question ive asked
firefox's latest "update" made all my toolbars, tabs, and bookmarks go away. how do i get them back? i cant go to any websites; there are NO buttons or tabs. i don't even know if or how i'll get an answer to this question
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Try hitting F11, you may have inadvertently gotten into Full Screen mode.
F11 does absolutely nothing. F10 does absolutely nothing. ALT does absolutely nothing. There is no "FIREFOX" button on the topof the screen. Firefox help has told me to use all of these things. They don't help. I think they are from a different planet. Firefox is no longer usable. Im going back to IE.
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window for now or otherwise make changes
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.