Radio Freezes While in Facebook App
I listen to the radio via Firefox in a separate flash window from my browser. However, when I enter into a Facebook app (e.g. Farmville), the radio freezes.
This also happens when I am running a video in a separate window.
I assume there's something keeping two flashes from running at the same time, but I have no idea what that may be. I know it is possible because I used to do it with IE.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- FluxPlayer Support Plugin
- fluxDVD Browser Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.110
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
First, try to reset Firefox. Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings. This simple step will eliminate many Firefox problems with only one click.
A few other basic trouble shooting things you can try is this: Run all Windows Updates, install all needed service packs, etc.
Update your graphics driver (Firefox uses your graphics card for some rendering, and an out of date graphics card driver can cause problems. Upgrade your graphics drivers to use hardware acceleration and WebGL
Update all your plugins (Flash, Java, etc.): http://www.mozilla.org/plugincheck/.
Download and Install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, run a full Scan. http://www.malwarebytes.org/. This helps check that there are no viruses on your computer causing issues. You can uninstall this program after you clean off any infections.
Also, make sure you update to Firefox 14. Update Firefox to the latest release
Thanks for the reply, but I've already tried all of those things (except adding MalwareBytes, but I'm covered in that area). I think this is a settings problem, I just don't know which one.