click url links from email (thunderbird) don't work.
click url links embedded in email don't work. I tried the "fix" to go to thunderbird (email account) and follow tools-options-...but when I got to "advanced" it would not click. Clearing the "cache" seems to be important, but I'm not even sure that's the problem. It started to develop after I upgraded some add-on movie-audio feature to firefox. So, I suspect there is some incompatibility there. Please help.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I clieck on a url link in thunderbird email.
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
explained above, clearing the cache is something I don't seem to be able to do. And, I'm not even sure that will fix the problem. Again, I use firefox with thunderbird.
Thunderbird Support Forum is here
Good Luck :)
Since posting, I figured it out with a google search - to simply find a way to identify firefox as my "Default browser" - apparently, any time you update windows or do add-ons from Bill Gates, he makes your computer take IE the default browser - so the clicking doesn't work from email on firefox. So, I went into the control panel for "default programs" and clicked again to make Firefox the one, re-booted and everything works fine now. I suspect that many people will find this approach very helpful when they get frustrated with the same problem. Thanks google!
I wish that helped, but Firefox is definitely my default browser. Everything worked until upgrading to 12.
Try to redo the default browser and temporarily make another browser like IE the default browser.