there's an area of my screen which certain applications can read the mouse pointer .
There is an area in the upper left corner of my screen (about where "history" x is located and would go down about until the next two or three months) which the system can't read the mouse position. Right now I have my history for the past few months on the left side of my screen. I can't clear the history. This would also be where I would open a new netmail for my company.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I think when I upgraded Firefox the last time.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Citrix ICA Client Plugin (Win32)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Both the Yahoo! Toolbar extension and the Babylon extension have been reported to cause this issue. Disable or uninstall those add-ons.
That problem can be caused by the Yahoo! Toolbar that extents too much downwards and covers the top part of the browser window and thus makes links and buttons in that part of the screen not clickable.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.