Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

address bar - most used website addresses

writemadhu

Don't know where it should be. But here is the issue: I check my personal email often, so I used to open Firefox, click the address bar, and my Outlook would be at the top. Now, for whatever reason, Firefox tries very hard to make that disappear, even though that is my most-used website. First, it'll drop a few places in drop-down, then some more, and then disappear. To bring it back, I'll have to delete unwanted links (the ones I open like once a month!) from history, and after quite a bit of work, Outlook will be back. Then rinse and repeat.....How can I fix this?

Don't know where it should be. But here is the issue: I check my personal email often, so I used to open Firefox, click the address bar, and my Outlook would be at the top. Now, for whatever reason, Firefox tries very hard to make that disappear, even though that is my most-used website. First, it'll drop a few places in drop-down, then some more, and then disappear. To bring it back, I'll have to delete unwanted links (the ones I open like once a month!) from history, and after quite a bit of work, Outlook will be back. Then rinse and repeat.....How can I fix this?

Alle Antworten (2)

Hi writemadhu,

Firefox's address bar suggestions aren't based only on how often you visit a website. Other factors, including bookmarks and your browsing history, can affect which results appear and their order.

You could try bookmarking Outlook so it remains easy to find. Open Outlook, click the star in the address bar, and save it as a bookmark. You can then type part of its name or address into the address bar to find it.

You can also pin it in the address bar suggestions: type Outlook's address, wait for it to appear in the drop-down, then use the arrow keys to select it and press **Shift + Delete** only if you intend to remove it—not to pin it. The pinning options can vary depending on the suggestion and Firefox version.

More information about how address bar suggestions work is available here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/address-bar-autocomplete-firefox

Thanks. I know about other things I can do and thank you for listing them. However, other factors such as bookmarks and my browsing history or anything isn't making sense. As I said, it used to be fine earlier and outlook was always at the top but now it really tries to get rid of it and then pretty hard to bring it back. Anyway, I'll wait for the next update maybe that fixes it. Thank you.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.