Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst

'connect other device' only opens mobile devices, but will not open another windows pc

cjab1950

Hello,

For some reason, when I try to sync all my stuff from my desktop Win 11 firefox/duckduckgo system, to my new Win 11 laptop, the only option I can get is to sync with a mobile device.

I had no trouble doing this some months ago with another laptop, but this time I cannot find how to do this after trying for over an hour . . . . . .

Has anything been changed that won't allow syncing with another 'big' device, please?

Hello, For some reason, when I try to sync all my stuff from my desktop Win 11 firefox/duckduckgo system, to my new Win 11 laptop, the only option I can get is to sync with a mobile device. I had no trouble doing this some months ago with another laptop, but this time I cannot find how to do this after trying for over an hour . . . . . . Has anything been changed that won't allow syncing with another 'big' device, please?

Alle Antworten (3)

Ausgewählte Lösung

Hi.

So did you 'sign in' on each device? i.e. was each device connected individually?

Thanx very much for your kind reply, Amoun. However, somehow or other after mucking about a bit more, I found the answer myself, clicking on the top and then ticking menu bar. The weird thing is that, although my 2 Win !! 'beasties' seem to be the same, they both behave as though they're running different software!

I'm having the same problem - cant find where to click - I used to be able to sign in - now that is not available - only a tab that syncs to my phone.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.