Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Offen

The United States connection doesn't work in the VPN.

laservius

I just recently installed the VPN on Firefox. It hadn't shown up because of my privacy settings. It works fine except for the United States connection. When I choose the other countries, it works fine, but when I choose United States, it still shows Japan (where I live). It still shows Japan, but it does have an effect. It changes it to Tokyo, where I don't live. So, the vpn is having some effect, but it is just not connecting to the United States. Why is that?

I just recently installed the VPN on Firefox. It hadn't shown up because of my privacy settings. It works fine except for the United States connection. When I choose the other countries, it works fine, but when I choose United States, it still shows Japan (where I live). It still shows Japan, but it does have an effect. It changes it to Tokyo, where I don't live. So, the vpn is having some effect, but it is just not connecting to the United States. Why is that?

Alle Antworten (4)

Maybe this will give a idea as to what is happening

https://privacyeffort.com/vpn-troubles-unchanging-location/

Could this be related to location permissions rather than the VPN connection itself? It might be worth checking whether Firefox or the website still has access to the device location.

I've experiencing the same issue. All other locations work, but once I switch to the United States, it's as if I'm not using the VPN at all.

So if you check your IP from the outside, it shows your real residential IP?

(I think when the location preferred is not available, it just uses whatever is the "recommended" instead, usually your country or the neighboring ones; to still work to conceal your own address with a reasonable performance, if the preferred country option couldn't.)

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.