Firefox crashing with flash in fullscreen
So the problem is that when I have a flash video open in full screen on either monitor, and then click over to the monitor that isn't playing the video, Firefox hard crashes with me having to go to task manager to close it down to get it working again, I've tried reinstalling Firefox and Flash, as well as disabling hardware acceleration to no avail.
Any ideas on how to fix this problem?
- Battlelog Game Launcher (2.4.0)
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0
- Skype Web Plugin
- Unity Player 5.0.0f4
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and then go back to your forum question and paste those IDs into the "Post a Reply" box.
Note: If a recent Report ID does not start with bp- click on it to submit the report.
(Please don't take a screenshot of your crashes, just copy and paste the IDs. The below image is just an example of what your Firefox screen should look like.)
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Hey all, So the problem is that when I have a flash video open in full screen on either monitor, and then click over to the monitor that isn't playing the video, Firefox hard crashes with me having to go to task manager to close it down to get it working again, I've tried reinstalling Firefox and Flash, as well as disabling hardware acceleration to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? Cheers
These are the most recent 5, however their are more if needed
This looks like a known, but extremely rare, bug (#634892). It has been going on for years without us being able to track down the cause.
I suggest uninstalling and then re-installing flash and/or checking for newer graphics drivers on the support site for your video card.
You might also Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:
- Click the menu button , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help others with the same problem.