This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox not syncing new PC with OLD PC open tabs
I have built a new PC. Both PC's are logged into the same Firefox Account.
The old PC has over 100 tabs open I need to have open on the new PC.
When I sync, it does not open the old PC tabs on the new PC.
I will need to use the old PC C drive eventually as the new PC D drive, but obviously cannot do so until the New PC has all the tabs open from the Old PC.
I cleared the browser console before attempting a sync - there are no error messages generated in the browser console after I tried to sync.
All Replies (2)
The following is based on Sync'ing Firefox on Android with Firefox on Windows.
On Windows, I have a new sidebar called Synced Tabs which lists all the tabs from Firefox on Android. I can open them individually or, if I'm incredibly patient, I can open them all at once by right-clicking the device name and using Open All in Tabs. Do you have that? Here's the article on sidebars for reference:
Use the Firefox Sidebar to access bookmarks, history and synced tabs
I do think you need to either open them or bookmark them before you disconnect your old Firefox, that this list is updated in real-time and isn't stored on your new Firefox.
Note that you can also backup sessionstore.jsonlz4 in the Firefox profile folder to habe a copy of your currently open tabs.
You can copy/backup certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)