Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

I have lost my bookmarks, tabs and passwords when trying to refresh. How do I get them back

ahassen90

While trying to refresh firefox. It won't read my backup bookmarks file. What can I do?

While trying to refresh firefox. It won't read my backup bookmarks file. What can I do?

All Replies (1)

Gekose oplossing

Don’t worry yet. When you use Refresh Firefox, it normally creates an “Old Firefox Data” folder on your desktop. Check for that first and don’t delete it.

If it’s there, you may be able to recover the old profile by copying these files into your new Firefox profile:

places.sqlite = bookmarks and history logins.json + key4.db = saved passwords sessionstore.jsonlz4 or files in sessionstore-backups = open tabs/windows

For the bookmark backup, make sure it’s an actual Firefox .jsonlz4 bookmark backup. If Firefox says the file isn’t working, the full old profile may be the better way to recover everything.

I’d make a copy of the Old Firefox Data folder before changing anything.

Vra 'n vraag

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.