Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Been using firefox for 18 months on my Win8 computer. No previous problems. Now cannot access browser. I can access IE
I uninstalled Firefox and tried to reinstall it but it will not install, just keeps spinning. There is nothing new as to security programs or other software. I'm using Norton 360 security and checking with them they claim Norton does not block Firefox. Any suggestions?
All Replies (2)
If Firefox Safe Mode or using the Profile Manager do not start Firefox either, Check if you have the Norton toolbar installed and make sure its compatible: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/h.../kb20100122090203EN_EndUserProfile_en_us
- Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles
- Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Firefox Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily turns off hardware acceleration, resets some settings, and disables add-ons (extensions and themes).
If Firefox is open, you can restart in Firefox Safe Mode from the Help menu:
- Click the menu button , click Help and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled.
If Firefox is not running, you can start Firefox in Safe Mode as follows:
- On Windows: Hold the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- On Mac: Hold the option key while starting Firefox.
- On Linux: Quit Firefox, go to your Terminal and run firefox -safe-mode
(you may need to specify the Firefox installation path e.g. /usr/lib/firefox)
When the Firefox Safe Mode window appears, select "Start in Safe Mode".
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, theme, or hardware acceleration. Please follow the steps in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article to find the cause.
To exit Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help others with the same problem.
Thank you for your reply. Two days after my posting, my computer went white screen for four days. Then, for some reason, it came back on and so did Firefox??? I made note of your reply in case I need it in the future. Thanks again, delawaredom