Showing questions for topic:

FireFox Help with bookmarks

Great Firefox community—I’m at my wit's end with my bookmarks. When I save a website or video to the toolbar, it only shows me an icon and text (like "YouTube"). I have o… (funda okungaphezulu)

Great Firefox community—I’m at my wit's end with my bookmarks. When I save a website or video to the toolbar, it only shows me an icon and text (like "YouTube"). I have over 70 music videos saved—for heaven's sake, I can't remember which is which. When I'm looking for a specific song, I have to click on every single one because I can't see anything other than the icon and the text.

Could you make it possible to save or add a video thumbnail? It would be much easier for me to find things if I could see the image from the video. It doesn't need to be an animated video—that would take up too much storage space. Just displaying the image from the video or song would be really helpful. Alternatively, you could tweak the bookmarks so you can see more than just text and an icon.

Thanks

Open

i want to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original

I need to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original where it was. I use a temporary folder for bookmarks, then save them later … (funda okungaphezulu)

I need to bookmark a previously bookmarked site in a different folder and retain the original where it was. I use a temporary folder for bookmarks, then save them later to related folders. A "duplicate" warning is no problem as long as it keeps the existing bookmark where it was purposly saved. In short, let me have duplicate bookmarks for the same site! Seems to me that older Firefox versions allowed this.

Open

After recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank.

After a recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank. It is shown, but empty. When I go to the bookmarks menu I find all of the bookmarks shown as being on my bookm… (funda okungaphezulu)

After a recent update my bookmarks toolbar appears blank. It is shown, but empty. When I go to the bookmarks menu I find all of the bookmarks shown as being on my bookmarks toolbar. How do I get them back where they belong?

Open 8 1

I have not figured out how to clear/delete Recent Bookmarks.

When I start Firefox, open the application menu, and select Bookmarks, about 50 Bookmarks are displayed under "Recent bookmarks". Many of the bookmarks are not recent.… (funda okungaphezulu)

When I start Firefox, open the application menu, and select Bookmarks, about 50 Bookmarks are displayed under "Recent bookmarks". Many of the bookmarks are not recent. Some are months old and several might be years old.

I've used Firefox for years and only noticed this because I'm trying to help a friend who is having trouble with and old Windows 10 laptop. I installed Firefox 1560.1 (64bit) and added a lot of folders and bookmarks using "Manage bookmarks" or Ctrl-Shift-o. It currently only has 42 bookmarks displayed under "Recent Bookmarks" because I started Rt-clicking and deleting them before I figured that this deletes the bookmark that I had added to a folder in addition to removing it from the Recent bookmark list.

I feel this feature (Recent Bookmarks) totally negates the privacy and security that the Clear Browsing data and Never remember history options USED to give me.

Solved 7

Bookmarks keep rearranging themselves in the bookmarks toolbar

I've been having this problem for about 10 years. It was raised in this thread but never solved. When I launch Firefox, several recent bookmarks that had been at the bott… (funda okungaphezulu)

I've been having this problem for about 10 years. It was raised in this thread but never solved.

When I launch Firefox, several recent bookmarks that had been at the bottom of a folder have moved to the top of the folder.

Moderator note: This question has been edited to correct the formatting.

Open 2 1 50

I had a number of website logos along the upper taskbar, now I can't get them back!

For some unknown reason, I recently changed my "search engine" from StartPage to just the regular Firefox search (which is what I prefer) but I lost the bookmarked websit… (funda okungaphezulu)

For some unknown reason, I recently changed my "search engine" from StartPage to just the regular Firefox search (which is what I prefer) but I lost the bookmarked website logos that were along the upper (or right side) of my toolbar....I can't figure out how to get them back the way they were! HELP!!

This is my Firefox browser on a home laptop running Windows 11

Solved 1 1

Can't save bookmarks in Firebox browser

Customer Support, I downloaded Firefox browser just a few days ago. During that time, I saved some website addresses in my Bookmarks but today when I went in to look at m… (funda okungaphezulu)

Customer Support,

I downloaded Firefox browser just a few days ago. During that time, I saved some website addresses in my Bookmarks but today when I went in to look at my bookmarks, all of them were gone!

Could you please help me solve this problem? I usually use bookmarks all the time.

Thank you, Lori

Open 1

New web page will not save to folder of choice in Bookmarks Toolbar.

When I try to save a new URL, Web Page, by clicking on the "Star" on the tool bar menu, then selection my existing folder for my chosen location it is not saved, at least… (funda okungaphezulu)

When I try to save a new URL, Web Page, by clicking on the "Star" on the tool bar menu, then selection my existing folder for my chosen location it is not saved, at least most of the time. It is however saved under Recently Bookmarked and is also in Manage Bookmarks. I can force it to save by selecting Bookmarks Menu. It then is at the bottom of all my saved folder. I then can copy and paste into my folder of choice. What do I need to do to make it save to the folder of choice immediately?

Thanks, James

Open 9 1

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work.

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work. Also, yesterday's history was lacking at least two-thirds of the site… (funda okungaphezulu)

Why is Firefox losing my bookmarks? They're being replaced with a little globe, and they don't work. Also, yesterday's history was lacking at least two-thirds of the sites I visited.

Open 1

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH.

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH. This happened at… (funda okungaphezulu)

I can't see bookmarks on the RH menu but only on the LH when I click 'manage bookmarks. How do I move the bookmark folders so that they appear on the RH. This happened at the last software update.

Open 6

Bookmarks don't work

When I save the bookmarks to the toolbar they work fine but when I close and reopen firefox they bookmarks don't work. They are there but inactive and do not work. How do… (funda okungaphezulu)

When I save the bookmarks to the toolbar they work fine but when I close and reopen firefox they bookmarks don't work. They are there but inactive and do not work. How do I save bookmarks so they open everytime I open firefox?

Open

Is there a way to remove recent bookmarks from the book marks pull down?

Is there a way to remove "recent bookmarks" from the book marks pull down menu? Or at least hide them. It causes a total lack of privacy when any and all bookmarks can be… (funda okungaphezulu)

Is there a way to remove "recent bookmarks" from the book marks pull down menu? Or at least hide them. It causes a total lack of privacy when any and all bookmarks can be seen in full view. Seems a stupid thing to not be able to hide them. Other browsers only show book marks when you go to the folder they are in.

Open 1