Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Allowence on using Foxy Vpn

liazera

Hi Mozilla Support,

I have a question about Firefox VPN and its 50 GB monthly allowance.

I recently came across an unofficial open-source Android client called FoxyVPN (https://github.com/Vauth/FoxyVPN/releases). It appears to use a Mozilla/Firefox account to access the same VPN service, but instead of routing only Firefox traffic, it provides a system-wide VPN tunnel for the Android device.

Could you please clarify whether Mozilla allows users to access the 50 GB monthly Firefox VPN allowance through third-party clients like this, or whether this allowance is intended to be used exclusively through the official Firefox browser?

I’m asking because I want to make sure that using such a client does not violate Mozilla’s terms or the intended use of the service.

Thank you!

Hi Mozilla Support, I have a question about Firefox VPN and its 50 GB monthly allowance. I recently came across an unofficial open-source Android client called FoxyVPN (https://github.com/Vauth/FoxyVPN/releases). It appears to use a Mozilla/Firefox account to access the same VPN service, but instead of routing only Firefox traffic, it provides a system-wide VPN tunnel for the Android device. Could you please clarify whether Mozilla allows users to access the 50 GB monthly Firefox VPN allowance through third-party clients like this, or whether this allowance is intended to be used exclusively through the official Firefox browser? I’m asking because I want to make sure that using such a client does not violate Mozilla’s terms or the intended use of the service. Thank you!

All Replies (1)

Hello,

The 50GB allowance cannot transfer to different VPN's. It is only for the Built in Firefox VPN.

There are also risks in using unofficial VPN's, as it uses Mozilla's own data to do the VPN, and Mozilla may lock/ban your account if found doing so.

Buza umbuzo

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.