Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Installed 157.0 today and saw this cr*p in the GUI

hz27kzd99x

Hi!

I am using the add on 'sidebery' for vertical tabs and I am so happy about and so gotten used to it! (No, sorry, I don't want to use the built-in option)

Today I updated to FF 157.0 and saw this annoying part in the sidebar (as seen in the image attached)! WTaF? o.O I didn't ask for them to take up space in the sidebar that could fit almost TWO vertical tabs! Can I somehow make it go away? Or do I have to contact the creator of 'sidebery' (which I don't think is the culprit)?

userChrome.css 'trick' with

  1. sidebar-header #sidebar-box {
   display: none !important;  

} won't do either.

Thank y'all very much!

Hi! I am using the add on 'sidebery' for vertical tabs and I am so happy about and so gotten used to it! (No, sorry, I don't want to use the built-in option) Today I updated to FF 157.0 and saw this annoying part in the sidebar (as seen in the image attached)! WTaF? o.O I didn't ask for them to take up space in the sidebar that could fit almost TWO vertical tabs! Can I somehow make it go away? Or do I have to contact the creator of 'sidebery' (which I don't think is the culprit)? userChrome.css 'trick' with #sidebar-header #sidebar-box { display: none !important; } won't do either. Thank y'all very much!
Iqhotyoshelwe imifanekiso ekwisikrini

All Replies (4)

Hi

To clarify, are you referring to the empty space between the icons to the left and right?

Hi!

Thank you! No no, I am referring to the space marked by the red box...

Interestingly the text editor here butchered the css AND I recognized a mistake.

AFAIR it has to be this way around: "#sidebar-box #sidebar-header {

   display: none !important;    

}"

Oooh I think what you're highlighting is a bug (extension name missing) — that's to switch addons in the sidebar: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2072965 — fixed and shipping in two weeks.

Thank you! Glad to read it's just a bug! :) Will wait then!

Buza umbuzo

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.