Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

Setting mail.addr_book.add_item_default_uri

dahamsta

Anyone know how to use the new setting "mail.addr_book.add_item_default_uri" in 155? The default value is a URI, "jsaddrbook://abook.sqlite", how do I figure out the URI of an alternative? I want to point it to my CardDAV server, do I just set it to the CardDAV URL?

Anyone know how to use the new setting "mail.addr_book.add_item_default_uri" in 155? The default value is a URI, "jsaddrbook://abook.sqlite", how do I figure out the URI of an alternative? I want to point it to my CardDAV server, do I just set it to the CardDAV URL?
Funda le mpendulo kwimeko leyo

Isisombululo esiKhethiweyo

I'm wrong, was looking in the wrong place for the setting. It's under Composition > Addressing.

All Replies (3)

do you have the carddav addressbook in Thunderbird? copy the URI used internally to load it I would guess.

This is the implantation bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1735630 That is all I know .

Unfortunately that doesn't work. There's talk of UI exposure in the bug but it looks like it hasn't been implemented. I don't see the point in implementing this and flagging it in the release notes if no-one has a clue how to use it.

Isisombululo esiKhethiweyo

I'm wrong, was looking in the wrong place for the setting. It's under Composition > Addressing.

Buza umbuzo

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.