I can only open my gmail and facebook in cache
I can only open my gmail and facebook in cache. I've cleared the history (incl coockies) many times now, each time gmail and facebook with load normally after this, but after a few hours the problem reoccurs and I have to clear the history again! HELP what's happening and can anyone tell me how I can fix this?
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.24
- Version 18.104.22.16840
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Thông tin chi tiết
Câu trả lời hữu ích
How are you opening them in cache? Can you explain? Try safe mode:
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Câu trả lời hữu ích
Thank you for your answer. Sadly the problem still occurs when I open my browser in safe mode.. When I say my gmail and facebook only open in cache, I mean that my normal gmail page wont load (it stays stuck on the loading page), when I click on the "simply HTML version" gmail will open.. Normally gmail recommends this function when ur connection is bad, but thats not the case for me, I have regular speed internet. For facebook, the page just opens in a weird, disfunctional, cache version.. So far the only solution that worked, is to erase the history.. but I have to do this every 2h or so... Another strange thing is that other sites beside gmail and facebook work normally..
Do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. Since this feature was added to Firefox, it has gradually improved, but there still are a few glitches.
You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
Additionally, please check for updates for your graphics driver by following the steps mentioned in the following Knowledge base articles:
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Người tạo câu hỏi
Thank you for answering again :) Mm, i've disable the acceleration and I've updated my graphic drivers.. But the problem is still there..
Do you have any other ideas what could be wrong?
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Người tạo câu hỏi
- / I can't believe this, the problem is still here!! I uninstalled firefox completely and reinstalled a freshly downloaded setup.. now, 1h after, my gmail and facebook aren't loading anymore.. all the other sites still function normally..
I'm lost.. do you have any more idea what could be the matter?
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
You can remove all data stored in Firefox from a specific domain via "Forget About This Site" in the right-click context menu of an history entry (History > Show All History or View > Sidebar > History) or via the about:permissions page.
Using "Forget About This Site" will remove all data stored in Firefox from that domain like bookmarks, cookies, passwords, cache, history, and exceptions, so be cautious and if you have a password or other data from that domain that you do not want to lose then make a note of those passwords and bookmarks.
You can't recover from this 'forget' unless you have a backup of the affected files.
It doesn't have any lasting effect, so if you revisit such a 'forgotten' website then data from that website will be saved once again.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender: Home Page:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
I have very similar problem. Neither Gmail nor Facebook work with Firefox. It works in the beginning, but then, after few hours, it does not. I have completely new machine, I bought it today. There is nothing interesting installed, Firefox was probably the first App I installed. It's Samsung series 5, Win8. I tried reinstalling. After few hours - first it works, after few hours it does not.
Boot the computer in Windows Safe Mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
Since I have the Gmail problem & have seen no answer to this problem, please see your OWN expert who said that Firefox Has been (fooling around with the Gmail settings. If Gmail works OK in other Browsers, and all works GREAT in everything else in our Firefox, that we love ! Please go back to the Firefox that also is great with Gmail