Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Tìm kiếm hỗ trợ

Tránh các lừa đảo về hỗ trợ. Chúng tôi sẽ không bao giờ yêu cầu bạn gọi hoặc nhắn tin đến số điện thoại hoặc chia sẻ thông tin cá nhân. Vui lòng báo cáo hoạt động đáng ngờ bằng cách sử dụng tùy chọn "Báo cáo lạm dụng".

Tìm hiểu thêm
Đã lưu trữ

Staples demands I accept ALL cookies not just staples cookies.

Enderton

Recently Staples.com began demanding I set Firefox to accept ALL cookies in order to access the site. Until then, I was accepting cookies only from Staples.com (and from a few other sites) and blocking all other cookies. Is Firefox sending info to Staples' server letting it know not all cookies are accepted? I don't understand why accepting staples.com cookies is not enough. I wrote to Staples and got a reply having no bearing on my question to them.

Recently Staples.com began demanding I set Firefox to accept ALL cookies in order to access the site. Until then, I was accepting cookies only from Staples.com (and from a few other sites) and blocking all other cookies. Is Firefox sending info to Staples' server letting it know not all cookies are accepted? I don't understand why accepting staples.com cookies is not enough. I wrote to Staples and got a reply having no bearing on my question to them.

Tất cả các câu trả lời (4)

I just heard back again from Staples, which says "You need only accept cookies from Staples.com in order to use our website.

"I have researched the issue of cookies with Firefox 3.6.13 and found that this version came with security enhancements which have been noted to interfere with the use of cookies. You may wish to review the documentation for Firefox 3.6.13 and, if necessary, to use an alternative browser such as Internet Explorer when ordering via Staples.com."

Unfortunately Staples did not elaborate on what "security enhancement" interferes. Anyone have any idea? Should I reinstall an earlier version?

I had the same problem too. My troubleshooting steps were to try in safe mode, which didn't work, and then a new profile, which did. So it was possibly something in my profile blocking it. I cleared the cache, and staples.com now works.

OK, I created a new separate profile but I still get rejected by Staples unless I use the default setting under Privacy which is called "Remember history" OR if I select "Use custom settings for history" I must check the box marked accept all cookies. I can do that within my default profile. Any other ideas?

I suppose I could maintain a separate profile just for staples.com, set to accept all cookies, but it seems to me telling my default profile to accept cookies from staples.com should be sufficient. I think staples must be demanding I accept some other cookies (3rd party ones) via their site, though they (now) deny that.

I see cookies from staples.com and www4.staples.com if I click the login link (button).