I don't want Sync, I don't want to be prompted for Sync. NOTHING! How do I get firefox to QUIT asking me?
I don't recall doing any upgrade or update of firefox, but recently, I get log on screens prompting me to sign up for Sync. Along with the proper prompt that firefox gives to remember passwords is a prompt to sign up for sync and to learn more about sync.
I DO NOT WANT IT. Please don't try to convince me how good it is.
How do I get Firefox to quit asking me about it at every turn?
I found once a web prompt where the "about:config" file could be modified and successfully eliminated Some of the prompts for sync, but can't find that again to fix all of my computers.
I have liked Firefox because it had not forced unwanted advertising in my face. I am very disappointed that now advertising for Mozilla is forced in my face.
Help me get rid of it entirely.
Chi tiết hệ thống bổ sung
Phần bổ trợ đã cài đặt
- Shockwave Flash 15.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.10
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Authentec TrueSuite Internet NPAPI plugin
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 202
- Chuỗi đại diện người dùng: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
Thông tin chi tiết
This is just a page that appears after some (not all) Firefox updates. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please feel free to close the tab and continue on your day.
A possibility is to set the browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone pref to ignore on the about:config page.
Người tạo câu hỏi
Looking through the about:config there seem to be 100 lines having to do with the sync functionality. I suppose that I have to turn all of them off as well, correct?
If you haven't set up Sync those "lines" have no functionality. Those are just the default preferences that are built into Firefox and they don't do anything until a Sync account is set up by the user and the "device" is connected / logged in to Sync.
Do I have to uninstall Firefox to get rid of it??? I want it gone.
Are you talking about the home (welcome) page?
Can you attach a screenshot?
- Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot
- Make sure that you do not exceed the maximum size of 1 MB
I don't want sync either. One of the reasons I like firefox is because they don't push all sorts of extraneous b.s. on me.
If you don't want Sync just don't enable it / don't sign up for a Firefox Account.
It's built into Firefox and it can't be removed.