Firefox's default home page has quick links to common features
When you first start Firefox, click the home button or create a new window you're greeted with the default home page. This page contains a handy default engine web search and quick links to downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, sync and settings. Also, if you had tabs open the last time you used Firefox you can restore them from the home page with a single click.
Table of Contents
How do I get the Firefox home page?
The default Firefox setting is to show you the Firefox home page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window.
If you don't see this page when you start Firefox, click the home button or open a new window you can restore the default setting like this:
At the top of the Firefox window, click on the button and then select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and then select .On the menu bar, click on the menu and select .At the top of the Firefox window, click on the menu and select .
Click the menu button and choose . .
- Select the panel.
- In the Startup box, click
Click to close the Options window.Click to close the Preferences window.Close the Preferences window. Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Access downloads, bookmarks, history, add-ons, sync and settings from the home page
When you open Firefox or create a new window you should see the default home page with the following buttons at the bottom of the page:
- Downloads: Click here to open the list of your downloaded files in the library window.
- Bookmarks: This opens your bookmarks in the library window. See Create bookmarks to save your favorite webpages for more information.
- History: This opens your browsing history in the library window. See Delete browsing, search and download history on Firefox and How do I remove a single website from my history? for more information.
- Add-ons: Quickly access the add-ons manager. For more information, see Find and install add-ons to add features to Firefox.
- Sync: Click here to set up Sync and take your tabs and bookmarks with you. See How do I set up Sync on my computer? for details.
- Settings: Quickly access Firefox options.Quickly access Firefox preferences.
Restore your tabs and windows from the last time you used Firefox
If you had tabs and windows open when you closed Firefox, the default Firefox home page will have abutton on it. To get your tabs and windows back, just click it.