Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Sök i support

Akta dig för supportbedrägerier: Vi kommer aldrig att be dig att ringa eller skicka ett sms till ett telefonnummer eller dela personlig information. Rapportera misstänkt aktivitet med alternativet "Rapportera missbruk".

Läs mer
Löst

'connect other device' only opens mobile devices, but will not open another windows pc

cjab1950

Hello,

For some reason, when I try to sync all my stuff from my desktop Win 11 firefox/duckduckgo system, to my new Win 11 laptop, the only option I can get is to sync with a mobile device.

I had no trouble doing this some months ago with another laptop, but this time I cannot find how to do this after trying for over an hour . . . . . .

Has anything been changed that won't allow syncing with another 'big' device, please?

Hello, For some reason, when I try to sync all my stuff from my desktop Win 11 firefox/duckduckgo system, to my new Win 11 laptop, the only option I can get is to sync with a mobile device. I had no trouble doing this some months ago with another laptop, but this time I cannot find how to do this after trying for over an hour . . . . . . Has anything been changed that won't allow syncing with another 'big' device, please?

Alla svar (3)

Vald lösning

Hi.

So did you 'sign in' on each device? i.e. was each device connected individually?

Thanx very much for your kind reply, Amoun. However, somehow or other after mucking about a bit more, I found the answer myself, clicking on the top and then ticking menu bar. The weird thing is that, although my 2 Win !! 'beasties' seem to be the same, they both behave as though they're running different software!

I'm having the same problem - cant find where to click - I used to be able to sign in - now that is not available - only a tab that syncs to my phone.

Ställ en fråga

Du måste logga in på ditt konto för att svara på inlägg. Vänligen starta en ny fråga om du inte har ett konto ännu.