Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved

cant send messages

Keith M

Suddenly I can't send messages from any of my accounts. I can log into GMail directly with no issues. Attachment shows the screens I see

Suddenly I can't send messages from any of my accounts. I can log into GMail directly with no issues. Attachment shows the screens I see
Attached screenshots

All Replies (3)

Chosen Solution

Hi Keith,

If you suddenly can't send messages from any of your accounts, while you can still access Gmail directly, it would be useful to check whether Thunderbird is having trouble connecting to the outgoing mail (SMTP) server.

Could you tell us what happens when you try to send a message? In particular, does Thunderbird display an error message, and if so, what does it say?

Also, are all of the affected accounts Gmail accounts, or are they from different email providers? That will help determine whether this is a Thunderbird-wide problem or something specific to the outgoing server.

I tried everything for 30 minutes. Nothing helped. I came back 2 hours later problem fixed. Another mystery of the universe. Thanks

Glad to have helped!

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.