Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pesquisar no apoio

Evite burlas no apoio. Nunca iremos solicitar que telefone ou envie uma mensagem de texto para um número de telefone ou que partilhe informações pessoais. Por favor, reporte atividades suspeitas utilizando a opção "Reportar abuso".

Saber mais
Resolvido Arquivadas

My malware app is reporting a Trojan.YZST.9002 loaded from Firefox executables

Jim

My System Mechanic malware search system has quarantined a virus located in two Firefox locations: Virus is W32/Trojan.YZST-9002 LOCATE IN: C:/PROGRAM FILES/MOZILLA FIREFOX/UNINSTALL/HELPER.EXE C:/PROGRAMFILES/MOZILLA FIREFOX/MAINTENANCE SERVICES_UNINSTALL... I will use the delete process and remove them and watch for future loads.

My System Mechanic malware search system has quarantined a virus located in two Firefox locations: Virus is W32/Trojan.YZST-9002 LOCATE IN: C:/PROGRAM FILES/MOZILLA FIREFOX/UNINSTALL/HELPER.EXE C:/PROGRAMFILES/MOZILLA FIREFOX/MAINTENANCE SERVICES_UNINSTALL... I will use the delete process and remove them and watch for future loads.
Ler esta resposta no contexto

Solução escolhida

I will close this for now and see if I have any future incidents. Thanks, Jim

Todas as respostas (4)

I have been using System Mechanic for many years now and it just recently found two files named above within mozilla folders. They had been moved to quarantine and I deleted them yesterday. I did see one reference to the files via google so will leave this out there in case others see it.

Those files are quite normal on Windows. UNINSTALL/HELPER.EXE is the uninstaller for Firefox.

MAINTENANCE SERVICES_UNINSTALL is the uninstaller for the Mozilla Maintenance Service that is used to update Firefox in the background.

Both these files interact with the program folder, so that might alert System Mechanic.

I wonder why System Mechanic only recently thought the two normal things are trojans though, besides being false positives hmm.

Modificado por James a

Solução escolhida

I will close this for now and see if I have any future incidents. Thanks, Jim