Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Solved Archived

target url problem

Ali Gokmen

sometimes when I chatting on facebook I left mouse cursor over a link by mistaken and their link target shown at below. When the url too long that covers that line completely. That is so annoying because I couldn't see what I wrote down.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ShALunJ.jpg

Is there any solution change that target url width or hide?

sorry by bad english. best regards

sometimes when I chatting on facebook I left mouse cursor over a link by mistaken and their link target shown at below. When the url too long that covers that line completely. That is so annoying because I couldn't see what I wrote down. Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/ShALunJ.jpg Is there any solution change that target url width or hide? sorry by bad english. best regards
Read this answer in context

Chosen Solution

This code is currently specified for the statuspanel pop-up:

  • chrome://browser/content/browser.css
statuspanel {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml#statuspanel");
  position: fixed;
  margin-top: -3em;
  max-width: calc(100% - 5px);
  pointer-events: none;
}

You can look at the Status-4-Evar extension.

You can set a max-width for that pop-up that is lower than the currently specified "max-width: calc(100% - 5px)" with code in userChrome.css or hide the pop-up.

Add code to the userChrome.css file below the default @namespace line.

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

statuspanel { max-width: 70% !important; }

The customization files userChrome.css (user interface) and userContent.css (websites) are located in the chrome folder in the Firefox profile folder.

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (6)

Just mouse over something else.

and oscar goes to ...

If you can, move the window so that the box you are typing in is higher on the page.

Chosen Solution

This code is currently specified for the statuspanel pop-up:

  • chrome://browser/content/browser.css
statuspanel {
  -moz-binding: url("chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml#statuspanel");
  position: fixed;
  margin-top: -3em;
  max-width: calc(100% - 5px);
  pointer-events: none;
}

You can look at the Status-4-Evar extension.

You can set a max-width for that pop-up that is lower than the currently specified "max-width: calc(100% - 5px)" with code in userChrome.css or hide the pop-up.

Add code to the userChrome.css file below the default @namespace line.

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* only needed once */

statuspanel { max-width: 70% !important; }

The customization files userChrome.css (user interface) and userContent.css (websites) are located in the chrome folder in the Firefox profile folder.

it's working successfully thanks @cor-el

this solution doesn't work after version 29

is there any method to edit chrome://browser/content/browser.css file?

I try to unzip "omni.ja" file but I can't success.

thanks