Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

കൂടുതലറിയുക
Archived

How do I stop the automatic restore of the previous session after a crash?

yankeem

I occasionally use the Task Manager to end a Firefox session, because a website will not let me close it without clicking something. I don't want Firefox re-opening the site.

I occasionally use the Task Manager to end a Firefox session, because a website will not let me close it without clicking something. I don't want Firefox re-opening the site.

എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (1)

Set the pref browser.sessionstore.max_resumed_crashes to 0 on the about:config page to get the about:sessionrestore page immediately with the first restart after a crash has occurred or the Task Manager was used to close Firefox.

See:


To open the about:config page, type about:config in the location (address) bar and press the "Enter" key, just like you type the url of a website to open a website.
If you see a warning then you can confirm that you want to access that page.