Thunderbird 157.0.1 (64-bit) write funtion formatting toolbar missing and can't be made to appear again.
Thunderbird (157.0.1 (64-bit)) write toolbar missing.
All things are correctly configured, as mentioned in this article, and nothing is working in making the Write (Compose) Formatting toolbar appear again.
Everything is set to compose in HTML format and the keyboard commands mentioned in other articles and so forth do nothing.
Is is perhaps a corrupted profile setting file somewhere? Is there a Config Editor setting that needs to/can be changed ?
Please advise, soonest, thank you in advance.
എല്ലാ മറുപടികളും (7)
Let's start by defining the "write formatting toolbar".
my reading of that is you are not seeing the toolbar with font names and sizes that appears between the addressing part of the new email and the body text. If I am wrong please clarify.
This toolbar is only visible in normal circumstances if you are composing your email in HTML. So the first "test" is to hold the shift key and click to open a new compose window. That will toggle the compose setting. If it is set to HTML it will make it plain text and vice versa for that click only.
Composition in HTML is a per account setting so while some of your accounts may be set to HTML, perhaps not all of them are. If Thunderbird is selecting the one that is not set to HTML as the default to use you will think there is a problem.
May thanks for you quick reply, it is very much appreciated.
Yes, you are correct. That is the exact position and toolbar that doesn't seem to be able to be made to appear again.
Which is odd, as it's just the one profile (my Wife's) and mine is working just fine.
The shift key and F10 key tricks don't seem to work either.
I tried your suggestion, but sadly with no better result. Nothing happens. It doesn't seem to work in her profile. (I am unsure of exactly when this error/problem occurred, as we have been Thunderbird users for years, if not decades.)
Which leads me back too ..
Is it perhaps a corrupted profile setting file somewhere? Is there a Config Editor setting that needs to/can be changed ?
In the Write window: Try to uncheck View - Toolbars - Composition Toolbar. Then check Composition Toolbar again.
Many thanks for your reply. It is very much appreciated.
Sadly though, I've done that many times before posting this question. (I have tried all the commonly posted suggestions that I could find, but were to no avail. It seems a deeper problem, so far as I can determine.)
However, I just tried it again, (hope does spring eternal) and no joy here.
Which leads me back too ..
Is it perhaps a corrupted profile setting file somewhere? Is there a Config Editor setting that needs to/can be changed ?
Well, darn it all.
I just tried in combination, toggling shift when opening, and toggling the composition and formatting toolbars at the same time ... now the formatting toolbar doesn't even show up as a choice.
Yikes, it getting worse. :-(
Ah, the choice to toggle it came back when I changed the Compilation setting to both HTML and plain text (vs HTML only), Weird.
Follow on question.
If a resolution to this problem (Formatting Bar missing) can't be found ... is there a way to bring just the stored email, local folders over to a fully new profile without just porting over the existing and/or back-up profile folder?
I ask, as I have tried the usual way of bring a profile over, and the problem still exists, in that profile.
Many thanks in advance.
Modified