Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Firefox freezes too often, Chrome does not - I use MS 10 extended support - should I change to Chrome permanently

Walter Brown

Preferred Firefox for most of my online use in my 82-year career in the ICT space - why has it deteriorated so badly? Am using Chrome for now, works perfectly, doses not freeze up my browsing or simultaneous use like Word or outlook. Should I abandon Firefox and switch to Chrome permanently?

Preferred Firefox for most of my online use in my 82-year career in the ICT space - why has it deteriorated so badly? Am using Chrome for now, works perfectly, doses not freeze up my browsing or simultaneous use like Word or outlook. Should I abandon Firefox and switch to Chrome permanently?

All Replies (1)

I wouldn’t give up on Firefox just yet. I’d run it in Troubleshoot Mode first and see if the freezing stops. If it does, one of the extensions or settings is probably the culprit. Keep Chrome around as a backup, but I’d figure out what’s going wrong before switching for good.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.