Why can't the bookmarks toolbar be automatically restored to the last login when the user logs in
I'm not given the choice to STAY LOGGED IN and every time the system logs me out, I'm going through the motions of restoring my bookmarks. Isn't there a way Mozilla could fix this by allowing the bookmarks to be restored to the last login or give the user the choice to stay logged in? Better yet, DO BOTH. You know your the ONLY web browser that I've ever used that fails to do this. I'm sure their are dozens of programmers that could spend 30 minutes coding this into program. A few lines of code or a HOOK to fix this.
I stopped using Firefox on my desktop and began using Edge until it was necessary to have a Microsoft account for it to fully function. Then and only then I returned to Firefox.
Help us out here people. This is a real "rock in the shoe" issue.
All Replies (3)
This sounds like something is wrong with permissions on your system, some security/antivirus software is intervening, or a "cleaning" tool is run on the browsing data corrupting the databases. To cut it short, I'd recommend searching for Firefox in Microsoft Store, and trying using that installation — that has profile data in a different location — to see if your profile keeps working between restarts this way.
Took your advice by using Microsoft store for the download and install. I have my computer set as a Local Account and by installing Microsoft stores version the install trashed my permissions settings and began hounding me to "Log in to your Microsoft Account". Fortunately I lost no data but, spent 4 doing a reset and re-installing programs. I'm not mad at you at all. I should have known better than to go to Microsoft for anything especially 3rd party software.
This sounds like something is wrong on your system regarding application data and/or permissions thereof. Sorry we can't help you further here. I'd recommend asking in Microsoft forums how to diagnose the issue and proceed with potential fixes, or consider professional maintenance of the system.