Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Open

Setting my local .html file as my home page for new tabs

Cyril Alberga

I use a local .html file as my home page in FieFox. There is no problem setting it to be used by the "homepage" icon on the toolbar, the little house. But now, unlike for years, I can not set it to be opened when I click the + to create a new tab. How can I work around this conflict with my long established patterns?

I use a local .html file as my home page in FieFox. There is no problem setting it to be used by the "homepage" icon on the toolbar, the little house. But now, unlike for years, I can not set it to be opened when I click the + to create a new tab. How can I work around this conflict with my long established patterns?

All Replies (1)

Hello,

You can try setting it by doing this : First, the new tab was changed, so thats probably why it broke. i suggest getting this extension : New tab Override , open the extensions settings, choose the option to store a local HTML file directly in the extension's data storage, then upload your HTML file.

If that didn't work or you didn't want to install an addon, you can try the normal method for adding a homepage :

First, open the HTML file, then the address bar will be the file location. Copy the entire URL. After that, go to menu > home, then under Homepage and New windows, click the dropdown menu and choose Custom URLs. after that, paste the URL you copied, and it will load as homepage.

Ask a question

You must log in to your account to reply to posts. Please start a new question, if you do not have an account yet.