Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Locked

Why has my password failed when trying to sign in to a Microsoft email ?

partner.w.jdm

My passwords have failed to sign me in to a Microsoft email account and Facebook multiple times. The passwords I have tried to use are the exact same ones that are stored in the Passwords section at the upper right side of the Firefox page. I have also tried other options like pass key but nothing worked.

My passwords have failed to sign me in to a Microsoft email account and Facebook multiple times. The passwords I have tried to use are the exact same ones that are stored in the Passwords section at the upper right side of the Firefox page. I have also tried other options like pass key but nothing worked.

All Replies (3)

Hi,

Are you able to sign in with a different browser?

I am able to sign into Facebook on two other browsers, and I can sign into other Microsoft accounts on those other browsers, but there is one specific Microsoft account that I need to get into, but I cannot access that one on all 3 browsers I use, and I have the exact same password stored in the Password section on all 3 browsers.

Thank you.

Thanks for clarifying.

Please note that this forum is intended to help users with Mozilla products, such as Firefox, while your issue doesn't appear to be Firefox-specific. As a moderator, I’m going to lock the thread and mark it as off-topic. Please see Mozilla Support rules and guidelines for more information.